Victory College provides a stimulating and rewarding career choice for teachers and those interested in helping to shape the futures of young citizens.
The College employs approximately 75 staff across Primary and Secondary College and provides opportunities for non-teaching staff in administration, teacher support and support services (canteen, maintenance, transport, grounds and cleaning).
Benefits of employment at Victory College:
- Competitive wages, salaries and superannuation benefits
- Thirty-eight week academic year.
- Family friendly provisions including; six weeks paid maternity leave after two years of continuous service, ten days personal/carer’s leave; salary packaging; and staff discount on school fees for children attending the College.
- All academic staff receive a laptop (at no cost) to enhance teaching and learning whilst employed at the College. The College has well-established ICT infrastructure including wireless access class rooms with data projectors and AV facilities.
- Access to professional development and study leave.
- Supportive peer coaching and annual review processes
- Opportunities to take on additional responsibilities for experience and shadowing
PA to Principal
We are seeking an experienced enthusiastic, proactive and motivated Personal Assistant to the Principal to fill a pivotal and highly respected role in our growing Christian College.
The role of Personal Assistant to the Principal is to provide invaluable clerical and administrative support in order to assist facilitating the effective and efficient discharge of responsibilities attached to the role of Principal at Victory College. The applicant will be discreet with highly confidential secretarial duties.
The successful applicant will:
- Maintain the Principal’s diary, coordinate meetings and appointments and provide alerts in relation to the College calendar events.
- Remind and direct Principal to appointments/meetings, help keep Principal on schedule to enable prompt time management.
- Manage inbound telephone calls to the Principal.
- Provide administrative and clerical support, including the preparation of correspondence, reports, memoranda, notices policies and procedures, whilst complying with all legal requirements.
- Manage and update calendar for reporting, on-line surveys, update student compliance data.
- Through a sound knowledge of College policies, procedures, standards and executive functions, provide the Principal with information, ideas and support on matters of concern.
- Maintain all files and folders within the Principal’s office.
- Undertake Receptionist duties when required.
- Act as minute secretary and provide secretarial support, including agenda preparation and distribution, for Leadership Team meetings.
- Use discretion and judgement in the absence of the Principal to manage or refer urgent matters to the appropriate senior staff.
- Prepare invitations and other relevant documentation and information for special College events such as Awards Nights, Year 12 Formal.
- Book and attend College events and liaise with third parties for the efficient running of said event/s.
- Manage Principal’s functions, liaise with caterer.
- Attend to the Principal’s travel and accommodation arrangements, as required.
- Bring matters to the Principal’s attention when appropriate and respond to matters of both a routine and complex nature and disperse information for relevant people, monitoring follow up as necessary.
- Handle a variation in work load and subject matter.
- Prioritise, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Possess a strong work ethic whilst being able to manage multiple priorities and work accurately and independently in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Have excellent written, verbal communication, proof reading and organisation skills.
- Communicate in a positive and effective manner with staff, administration, students, parents and/or visitors.
- Be a person of integrity, always maintaining a professional manner.
- Display high degree of judgment, discretion and confidentiality.
- Have proficient computer skills and expertise in MS Office, Excel, online booking/events programs.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team or as an individual and relate effectively with staff on all levels.
- Produce in-house documents and co-ordinate College Newsletter.
- Provide and promote Victory College service and excellence and foster effective teamwork and business relationships.
- Be an upstanding role model for Victory College in the local community.
The successful applicant must have at least two years’ experience in the above fields. They will demonstrate a strong commitment to Victory College’s vision of excellence in Christian education. They will be well presented and welcoming, providing professional assistance to students, families, staff, members of the College Executive and Governing Body and to the wider College community.
The continued success of our College depends greatly on dedicated Christian staff members who integrate their faith into the values and behaviours of their personal and community life. A commitment to the Christian gospel and active regular church involvement is therefore essential.
Applicants must provide two referees. One from a current or recent employer, and one from the Pastor of the church where you currently attend. Cover letter and resume to email@example.com