Victory College

House System

Victory College has four houses to foster interschool belonging, mentorship and rivalry. Upon enrolment at the College, students are allocated a house to belong to for their duration of their time with Victory. Students represent their house in inter-school sporting days such as athletics and swimming carnivals.

Victory’s four houses honour Gympie’s heritage. The township of Gympie was founded in 1869 when gold was discovered by James Nash. Gympie has a proud mining heritage. The houses of Victory College have been named after individual gold fields that operated in Gympie in the late 19th Century.


 

Caledonian – Yellow

Phoenix – Red

Wilmott – Purple


Eldorado – Blue


To view the original lithographic map of the Gympie gold Mines – visit http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-231571899/view