Victory College encourages students to give back to the community and be leaders in ‘serving others’.
Community involvement is recognised via Victory College Community Service Awards, which are handed out each Awards night. Students are encouraged to actively participate in community involvement activities across the year. These activities are run at a class, year or whole of college level.
The types of activities that students undertake include:
- Christmas Box Appeal. Students put together food hampers for needy families within the Gympie district.
- Samaritans Purse Christmas Shoe Box Appeal. This important program provides children overseas who would otherwise go without, with a simple gift for Christmas.
- Fundraising activities for a wide range of local and international social justice causes.
- Active participation in events of local community groups, including ANZAC Day parades etc.
- Volunteering in the Victory Care Services community food program (including the annual Christmas Free Food Giveaway)
- Supporting local nursing homes with activities and performances for the elderly
- Delivering gifts for children’s hospitals.